* May, 1987: The men were shot and bodies thrown into canals. 42 persons presumed dead.
* 1996: 19 PAC personnel chargesheeted in Ghaziabad court by Uttar Pradesh CB-CID. 161 people listed as witnesses.
* September 2002: Case transferred to Delhi by Supreme Court on petition by families of victims, survivors.
* July 2006: Delhi court frames charges against 17 accused.
* January 22, 2015: Court reserves judgment for February 21.
* February 21: Court defers verdict, seeking more clarification from prosecution.
* March 21: Court acquits 16 surviving accused, gives them benefit of doubt regarding identity.
'Did No One Kill the 42 Men?'
They played dead and got to live
No one cared for us then, why will they do so now
66 probed and 19 tried, then delay after delay in court
To understand the seriousness of the charges against Shah, it is pertinent to look back at the criminal cases against him and try to grasp their significance in the present context
'सत्यमेव जयते लेकिन सवालिया निशान के साथ' // Satyamev jayate? Does truth always triumph?
Terrifying implications of the Staines judgement
Murder of TP Chandrasekharan 2012