Krista Diamond: What Moving To A Remote Desert National Park Taught Me About Relationships

Moving from park to park allowed me to love people fast and hard, hurt them or be hurt by them and then take off for somewhere new where I’d repeat the cycle, skipping the part where you reflect. 

On my last day in Death Valley, the bellman and I drove to an opera house built by a ballerina who performed a one-woman show there ― true story ― and though we were soon going our separate ways, we didn’t make plans to see each other again. He knew how much I wanted to love him, but I couldn’t. Not yet. 

“The timing wasn’t right,” he said. 

“If we ever end up in the same place,” I said. “Maybe it will be.” 

I thought moving to the wilderness would allow me to escape something that had nearly shattered me. For a while, the intense relationships I had with people who loved me for a season and then evaporated at the end convinced me I was right. But my pain followed me from Colorado to California, Wyoming, Montana ― everywhere, because that’s what wounds do. They stay with you until you look down and they’re gone. 

After a few seasons, I showed up for a job in Glacier National Park, and there was the bellman.  Everything comes full circle, but that’s not what this is about. It’s not about the moment you meet someone or the moment they destroy you or decide to love you forever. It’s about what happens in between, and how it breaks you, heals you, prepares you....
https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/what-moving-to-a-remote-desert-national-park-taught-me-about-relationships_in_5e3ff872c5b6b7088701a978?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

Popular posts from this blog

Third degree torture used on Maruti workers: Rights body

Haruki Murakami: On seeing the 100% perfect girl one beautiful April morning

The Almond Trees by Albert Camus (1940)

Satyagraha - An answer to modern nihilism

Rudyard Kipling: critical essay by George Orwell (1942)

Three Versions of Judas: Jorge Luis Borges

Goodbye Sadiq al-Azm, lone Syrian Marxist against the Assad regime