ALERT! Kumar Sundaram - So, Zuckerberg and Modi just came together to end net neutrality in India?
- Internet packages on mobile have become costlier since Modi has assumed power.
- Restricting the poor to limited number of websites is NOT a way to allow them internet access.
- Indian poor are nothing more than a chip in sinister bargains.
- If you want to end net neutrality, justify it by claiming its providing free internet to the poor.
- If you want concession in climate change negotiations for domestic corporations like Adani, bring in the Indian poor and say we need to emit more.
- For passing a dangerous nuclear deal the earlier govt used the dream of lighting bulb in the house of a poor rural woman called Kalawati.
- The poor of India in fact provide a rich dividend for its elite.
- Modi’s policies have led to more farmer suicides, more corporate-driven displacement of the rural poor and loss of jobs in the rural as well as urban India.
Book Review: 'Plato at the Googleplex' by Rebecca Newberger Goldstein