Letter to India from Mr. Adnan Memon of Karachi


Letter to India from Mr. Adnan Memon from Karachi Pakistan, whose 2 year old deaf – mute daughter is able to hear and talk now, thanks to a cochlear transplant surgery facilitated in India by two Indian organisations
Dear All,
These days there are no measures to my happiness and excitements caused by the daily progress of my beloved deaf born 2 year old daughter “Khadija”!  She has started calling some names and saying some words. Though these are still a little broken, but at least she has started to talk, which would not have been possible without the cochlear implant surgery.
This happiness me and my family are experiencing is just because of a generous ear gift through Cochlear Implant by SAHI (Society to Aid Hearing Impaired) from across the border! Yes from the Indian city of Hyderabad Deccan, from where neither me nor my friends or any of my fellow countrymen would expect any help, not even in dreams.  Yes, a country with which we have always remained in a state of mistrust since the day of our independence.
In February-2012, while knowing that Khadija is not able to hear due to congenital deafness which would cause inherently additional disability of dumbness, all of us became stunned and our lives were shattered. Everybody was searching for a separate corner of our house to cry so as to hide our tears from others and not discourage them from dealing with the situation but unfortunately our small apartment did not offer this ease.
Every time I looked at Khadija I could not control my emotions and tears and immediately started begging to Almighty ALLAH to show me a way out. Everybody was praying to get rid of this situation through any miracle by Almighty ALLAH but had no idea about what can be done, because none of my family and friends circle had any clue that profound deafness can be cured. I prayed Almighty ALLAH that, “YOU have gifted me this little angle, YOU have made her deaf and now it is again only YOU to get back her ears, I have no sources but YOU and I would not ask others except YOU as it is YOUR promise to provide if begged with complete faith in YOU and I have complete faith in YOU”.
 Upon visiting the audiologist he advised me to use hearing aids for her but to expect very little improvement. Knowing the huge cost of cochlear implant and judging my financial position, he just mentioned about the cochlear implant but did not tell any details. While leaving his clinic I got a sudden idea, went back and asked details of cochlear implant. He explained and suggested to get more information on the web. This was the first fortunate moment that contributed in what today Khadija is! For the first time I realized that something still is possible to make Khadija hear! But all that I had was a just USD 3,000/-  my saving from 8 years of professional life and the cost of cochlear implant was estimated to be USD 25,000/-. Too far away to turn the dream true and all that remained was to pray for a miracle.

Popular posts from this blog

Third degree torture used on Maruti workers: Rights body

Haruki Murakami: On seeing the 100% perfect girl one beautiful April morning

The Almond Trees by Albert Camus (1940)

Rudyard Kipling: critical essay by George Orwell (1942)

Satyagraha - An answer to modern nihilism

Three Versions of Judas: Jorge Luis Borges

Goodbye Sadiq al-Azm, lone Syrian Marxist against the Assad regime